Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Vegetable saagu/ Hotel style saag

 Navrathri  was celebrated very well, and we are all looking forward for Diwali festival. After a fortnight of desciplined routine now I am getting back to the normal cooking using onion, garlic and spices in daily menu. A change in food preparation and eating differently is always welcomed.
I am very happy to share this link as it is a very delicious side dish for rotis/chapathi and an authentic recipe. It is a pleasure to come across a recipe(while browsing), which is stated to have been tried by the blogger and  it tastes the best like a hotel preparation. I made this a couple of times and it was liked by all the family members. After trying different types of side dish for rotis, and when I was looking for a variation,  I got to know this and tried immediately. The method was different from any other kurma/saag and it tasted so good without using  ginger and garlic. I was not aware that we get saagu powder in the store. But as mentioned by her I prefer home made powder. I am posting the link here for the recipe and  I am sure the picture posted will definitely  tempt the viewers to try this recipe as it did to me. I am also posting the picture of my preparation.
http://authenticfooddelights.blogspot.com/2011/07/hotel-style-vegetable-sagu.html




I am sure this will be tried by  my other family members who are also taste lovers and I already got a comment that this tastes like the side dish given in south India for Barotta. I am going to taste that when I visit Chennai next time.

8 comments:

  1. Looks creamy n thick Saag!!
    First time to your space, glad to follow you :-))
    Do drop by my space too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie. Happy to see your great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hema I am so glad u liked this recipe ...This is truly one of my classic recipe which I had featured ...Ur sagu has come out very nice Hema......u made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...sounds utterly delicious..
    happy following u..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi wow!!! its really delicious i make very different sagu i will try ur recipe
    can u give authentic vada & thyaru vada (typical hotel )
    we don't get that fluffy even u grind it in the grinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sabitha. Shall try and post authentic vada and thayir vada soon.

      Delete
  6. Great blog, learned many things about hotels in india from this blog, very informative. The hotels in kanyakumari is one of the best places to get hotels in india.

    Hotel in Kanyakumari

    Hotels at Kanyakumari
    Hotel Booking in Kanyakumari
    Hotels in Kanyakumari near beach
    Budget hotels in Kanyakumari
    Hotels in Kanyakumari with tariff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really it is a piece of good conversation information, I never see like this blog it's awesome, keep sharing like this, Thank you so much!!!
    best decorative rooms

    ReplyDelete